PLUS SIZE BLOGGER BUTTON

Total Pageviews

MUSIC PLAYER


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 20, 2011

DAY OF GASTRIC SLEEVE OPERATION

note the expression in this pic, a later pic has a quite different picture of me.

well, the day was here. i had accomplished 3 years of trying, climbing up this tall hill, to FINALLY be standing, or laying in the bed. waiting to get this surgery that would change my life, forever.

we went in early. so much so we were asked why we were there so early..lol

we decided what was the point in waiting at home, wed get there in time to do everything that needed to be done.

we waited only about 30 minutes and i was asled to come to the back to start the pre-op stuff before the surgery.

i got my own waiting area, and was told id have my family back there shortly, was asked to change into my gown, and they would be bacl to get me all IVed up, and blood pressure shecked and ask me some questions.

it wasnt too terribly long before my family was allowed back. and we chatted a little bit, sometimes being interupted  while we chatted with some checks of things.

i had a blood pressure check as well, and i told the nurse to not be too surprised by the fact it was prolly off the roof, i was prolly extreemly nervous. she did the check, i asked what it was, she said my blood pressure was..NORMAL! its NEVER normal...amazing!

they drew blood to check it, and see if i was prenant, i told them i couldnt be, i hadnt been intimate with the hubby for about 6 weeks at that time, if i was it would have been a miracle.
during the time we were there talking about stuff, the nurse came back to tell me i was "right about my assumption" lol
craig was clueless, and i had to clue him in to the fact i wasnt pregnant at the time, and the comment i had told the nurse...

pretty soon a male nurse came back there, told me his name, talked to me a bit said hed be back in a little bit.

was about 15 minutes and he was back, told me he was injecting a liquid into my V that was to relax me...and proceeded to wheel me out.
took me out i said to craig "i promise ill be back"
craig replied with" better be"

i went back completely calm, and without any reservations, i was ok with if i would die on the table. i wasnt worried at all. seriously. not worried one itty bitty iota.

next thing i remember was dramng that the lead singer of my favorite band U2 was singing to me on a lonely island (beautiful scenery by the way, we were on some private balcony of some secluded place) he was wearing white guaze shirt and white guaze pants, flowing in the breeze...
i remember saying in my dream, "why is bono wearing white? he never wears white."
and he sings to me..
"is this real? is bono singing to me?"
woke me up.

i can remember opening my eyes and thinking whats that beeping noise?
the clock on the wall was all fuzzy and out of focus.
and i looked to my left and saw a young lady there.

and i remmeber saying something like...
they said id have someone here...monitoring me. is that you?

she said she was my post op nurse and that was her job, to monior me until i came out of the anesthesia.

it was so hard for me to keep my eyes open, as hard as i tried, they were so very heavy.
i know i could talk, i have no real memory of hat that room looked like...my eyes were shut the entire time.
i wasnt sleeping.
i just couldnt get my eyelids to function.

within 30 minutes i was wheeled up to my room, where my family awaited my return.

i have very little memory of getting off the bed onto the other bed, but i do remember the intense pain i felt in my side.
i felt like i had been stabbed.
and it HURT!
i mean a hurt like ive never felt before.

they wanted me to sit up for a while as well...
i was interested in walking, because i wasnt interested in having any clots forming in me...they wouldnt allow me to walk, but they didnt mind me siting up.

they also wanted me to pee, and to make sure i peed in the "hat" so they could see the volume as well as any discoloration in it.

i peed a small volume.
getting up from the toilette was so very hard...i seriously didnt think id recover from that surgery at that point.

that whole night was difficult, i was poked and prodded and checked up on every few minutes.

No comments: